Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ bundling IRay with Studio (for free)

ghonma opened this issue on Mar 11, 2015 · 149 posts

pumeco posted Mon, 23 March 2015 at 5:53 AM

I'll admit, I'm no coder and I don't know the ins and outs, but I get the impression it would be quite painless to integrate Unreal Engine into Poser.

SM's job would probably be quite simple, a simple 'Mapping' job, something like this:

I suppose technically, what i'm getting at is something like when you import an FBX, you get to assign bones to where you want them.  Basically, all SM need to do is a bit of hard-wired coding that maps Poser's behaviour to UE's behavior, or rather, UE's behaviour to Poser's behaviour.

Regards the licence, that should not be a problem, they could effectively make "Poser UE Edition" the Pro version of Poser, and you never have to concern yourself with the licence unless you use the Unreal Engine renderer option commercially and make more money than their threshold.  Using it for what most people use Poser for, that licence threshold isn't going to effect them anyway.

And remember, even with a threshold, it's still better that the realtime engine is there than not there, you don't have to use it, you could just set it to Firefly in preferences and it would be exactly as it is now.

In Poser's Preferences Options:

Of course I could be wrong, and probably am, but it really does seem to me like it would be case of mapping, the hard work is done by Unreal Engine.

@Heddheld
Yup, saw it, pretty damn neat, and need I say it, another indication that SM need to hurry-up and get a realtime renderer into Poser!