Forum: Blender

Subject: Fixing disconnected verticies to base mesh during cloth sim ?

headwax. opened this issue on Mar 24, 2015 · 29 posts

headwax. posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 7:00 PM

posers cloth room isn't that bad once your used to it ~ tips to make it work better

1:- step through the pose one frame at a time, poser don't care if a hand passes though the body getting to where its going but the sim WILL fail, at same time keep body parts a little way apart ~ armpits are worst culprit when the upper arm is too close to body the sim will slow down or fail

2:- make sure theres NO intersections  between body and cloth at start

3:- try dif cloth settings  I think there should be a huge range of presets but alas  don't think its easy to even save a preset for yourself lol

ps nice pic  ..... makes me think of St Pat chasing the snakes out of Ireland !!!!! lol

thanks hedheld, I did find some cloth settings which were very helpful but it just got too slow (impatient lad that I am) :)

thanks for those tips though. I will keep them in mind when I revisit poser.

Last night I tried to get a FBM to work, or just to load a new morph target in so I could do the sloth sim in Poser with a morph targeted obj, rather than a rigged figure.

I couldn't get the morph target to work as there kept being a difference in vertices number, even when I exported the mesh straight from poser, did nothing, and bought it in again.

obviously I am ticking the wrong buttons!