Forum: Community Center

Subject: My Credit Card was HACKED again!!!!!!!!!

Lyne opened this issue on Feb 19, 2015 · 124 posts

cypherfox posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 9:33 PM

Greetings,

@keppel - If you go to your messages (the 'Sitemail' inbox icon at the top of the screen), there may or may not be a message 'Renderosity Customer Notice' in your inbox.  This was apparently sent to everyone who made a credit card transaction on 'Rosity during the period of February 9th and March 18th of this year, which was the vulnerability window.  If you didn't make a purchase during that time, you're likely in the clear.  They don't explain in any detail how/where the breach occurred; they don't store credit card numbers themselves, but apparently there was a way for the bad guys to pull the credit card information from the checkout process itself.  They've left that detail unclear, and it's reasonable as I don't think we need the technical details.  (As much as I, as a software security developer, would love to know the gory details, I very much understand that choice.)

But the important thing is that if you DON'T have that email, then you are likely not exposed.

Personally, I'm nervous, as I used my replacement card once on the VERY last day of that time frame. :(

--  Morgan