Forum: Community Center

Subject: Setting records straight,

structure opened this issue on Mar 28, 2015 · 46 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 30 March 2015 at 12:24 PM Online Now!

Why would someone close their Rendo account simply due to a hostile forum environment?  I mean there's so much more to the site than just the forum community-- not to say that those posters aren't acting in a detestable manner.

Realistically, there are two issues going on here that are to some degree inter-related.  The truth is there are people leaving because of the changes to the forum, in addition there are others that are not leaving but are certainly not contributing as much as they did, again due to the changes to the forum. Other than the forum the site is still not user friendly.  If you are using IE try going to the gallery and then selecting What's New from the market drop down menu.  The answer is you can't because the drop down goes behind the header.  Again in IE do an upload to your own gallery and try and give a vender credit for their product, again you can't... need I go on
Going back to the forums, Glitterati3D highlights the other problem.  There are a couple of people here that manage to turn a large number of threads into a Daz / Poser or Genesis / any other figure arguments.  Sure there is the ignore button here and I do use it, not only here but at RDNA, even when they use the different names. 

You have to look at this in context though, some of the people leaving or on extended lurk mode were the most helpful people and the threads they contributed were interesting.  If they are no longer posting the number of interesting threads is reduced and, percentage wise, the number of threads that are going nowhere, other than being locked increases.  It has become so bad that I often never start to read a thread because I can tell from the title just where it is going.  Others I leave early as soon as I see the words you have XXX**** on ignore.  Again I know the thread is now doomed. 

The end result is I spend less time here and more at RDNA, yes I have the same ignore list but the forum is easier to use and I can cut and paste without losing my text.  I can thank someone for a useful post with one click and..., I could go on but it is easier to say RDNA forums look designed for purpose.  I doubt they are the only site that good but I moved there because they have the link to SM and Poser and it is Poser that I am interested in. 

Clearly I still come here but it is reducing all the time and, I suspect, I am not alone. 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.