Forum: Community Center

Subject: Setting records straight,

structure opened this issue on Mar 28, 2015 · 46 posts

structure posted Tue, 31 March 2015 at 4:16 PM Forum Coordinator

file_f0935e4cd5920aa6c7c996a5ee53a70f.jp

Until you showed up, no software had been mentioned, no particular groups of users were singled out as being at fault and nobody had been in any way, judgemental, argumentative or arbitrary. Please refrain from corrupting the thread with your opinion on who is right or wrong. This is not about apportioning blame. 

I think fault, judgemental and people being singled out happened right in the opening post. I took a screenshot instead of quoting it, as the editing in forum is doing weird things. I'm not sure a post can have much weight for proving a point when people choose to violate the same rules they think others are misusing by hurling insults (and yes, using words such as 'ignorant' and 'brand of malevolence', are insulting and negative words) at others but says others are to blame for forum problems. I agree with RawArts post, and as long people don't extend the same courtesy and respect towards other that they want in return, nothing will change in the forums.

No names were mentioned. No aspersions cast, an insult can only be an insult if someone takes it as one. In which case I can only assume that you took it as a personal slight, and as the saying goes, if the cap fits. Nobody was attacked in this thread until Rawn spoke up, and I am not in the least surprised that you come in to back him up. Once again, the thread is being derailed because someone wants to make it a software war and / or someone decides that they were personally slighted by a comment that not even did not use their name, but did not use any name at all. Have fun with that, and enjoy your stay in ignore world.

Locked Out