Forum: Community Center

Subject: Setting records straight,

structure opened this issue on Mar 28, 2015 ยท 46 posts

RawArt posted Wed, 01 April 2015 at 5:52 AM

I believe that the point of my original post was missed.

The point is both softwares CAN be discussed together, and mentioning both softwares in a post is not argumentative, and causing app wars. They are so very similar that there should be no problem at all taking about both of them. Many people (myself included) use both programs and have been developing for both programs for many years. There is no issues where sides must be chosen and lines drawn. THAT is where the discomfort in the forums grows.

Back in the day we would openly talk about any program, be it poser or bryce, or max, etc, and no one cared. If something was not of interest to them they simply skipped the tread. But now some people feel like they have to play forum cop and tell people what they are allowed to talk about and what they are not allowed to talk about. It would be a much nicer environment if people would get off their high horse and respect the moderators enough to let them do their job, and let people talk. What good are forums if people are not allowed to talk. That is a big reason why people are no longer coming in as much as they used to.