Forum: Community Center

Subject: Setting records straight,

structure opened this issue on Mar 28, 2015 · 46 posts

ionious2 posted Sat, 04 April 2015 at 9:41 PM

Why would someone close their Rendo account simply due to a hostile forum environment?  I mean there's so much more to the site than just the forum community-- not to say that those posters aren't acting in a detestable manner.

Getting back to the original point why are people leaving Renderosity I think the second point is valid and it goes further than the forums. I got pulled by the moderator for using the wrong type of thumbnail, yet you go into the galleries and you see dozens of posts which include violence and nudity which carry no warning at all, usually by the in crowd.  The people who use Renderosity for purchases are scared by the hacks, my credit cards were hacked 3 times during that period, and it worries me more that the site were unaware, rather than in denial. I have spent literally thousands of dollars on this site, not anymore.

Go anywhere else other than the marketplace and the site has become a private members club. To get a render rated more than 3 times you have to have at least 15 'friends'. To get into the charts, so to speak, you have about 25 'friends', and every time they post, you comment and rate 5, then they do the same for you. Go look for your self they are the same old same old. They are not the top renders on this site, but you see as soon as they are posted maybe 12 views, 10 comments, 8 ratings all 5 star of course. For the people not in the loop you see, even for really good work, 110 views, 6 comments, perhaps 3 or 4 ratings. They all know each other by their real first names even when their profile doesn't state it.

To win a competition on this site you generally have to have at least 2 staff 'friends' and be signed up or affiliated with this sites own 'promo company' check for yourselves.

Newbies are not welcomed and have to work hard to get into the 'private clubs', but must do this to get any recognition.

The cash paying customers, like myself, get no recognition and lack security. No way to run a business, and that's what this is, not merely a hobby site, and I run a business.