Forum: Writers

Subject: what would this be called?

RedPhantom opened this issue on Feb 11, 2015 · 18 posts

Chipka posted Mon, 06 April 2015 at 2:19 AM

Yeah, it's an extrapolation on that.  the "Ugly Shirt" isn't actually invisible at all and it doesn't impart invisibility; it's simply designed in such a way as to interact with recording equipment.  A lot of modern digital recording equipment has built-in edit functions that are triggered when particular patterns are picked up, and so particular things are essentially erased from digital memory.  It's my limited understanding that ugly shirts simply trigger an edit/splice function in digital recording equipment. As for the apparently Chinese/Taiwanese?  garment, it actually employs some kind of light-bending technology that essentially mimics its surroundings to the point at which whatever you're standing in front of appears on the front of your garment in a very hazy, indistinct, not very camouflaged way at all; the photos that were released of some guy wearing what looked like a baggy hoodie showed him standing on a city street, looking rather awkward and dorky, with the street behind him all hazy and blurry and not exactly proportional, on the front of his jacket an the jacket material itself made it look as if he was wearing something with the qualities of not-entirely-practical drapes and folds of Saran wrap.  It's like really baggy, kinda cheap and cheesy chameleon-wear that hasn't quite gotten the hang of the whole chameleon thing yet.  It's still in the earliest stages of the research phase, nowhere near practical development.  As for the "ugly shirt" I think I like it simply for the name.