Forum: Blender

Subject: poser to blend is very small

atpo opened this issue on Apr 11, 2015 · 15 posts

Lobo3433 posted Sat, 11 April 2015 at 3:08 AM Forum Moderator

Hi Atpo 

This is a common problem with exports from Poser to any 3D application granted I tend to zoom in using my scroll wheel on my mouse and have had little issue modeling that way. Some have different opinion on that method but what you can do is when you import an OBJ from Poser to Blender you increase the size of the mesh within the obj import options using Clamp Size entering lets say 10 should scale the model up 10 times but have to remember when you export you need to export it as .1 or if you increased the size to 100 times them you export at .01. Now not sure why Blenders scale option has been acting a bit flaky with me so another alternative which seems to be most useful is to export from Poser then use this tool that was created sometime ago to deal with the poser OBJ scale issue of things being tiny call Objaction Scaler 3c you can download the tool for free http://mystic-nights.com/freebies/details.php?image_id=320&sessionid=9b4e7746f8e818a8911a387dd678af58 the program is pretty easy to use but again have to remember that when you export your model out you will need to scale it back down to Posers normal size so what ever you increase it by you have to decrease to bring back into Poser 

Hope this helps 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page