Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Material room - Texturing - Shaders - TUTORIAL

JIMMYJOHN opened this issue on Apr 09, 2015 · 40 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 16 April 2015 at 9:20 PM

The Color_Math has a pulldown to choose Math_Argument - that is what should be set to Add - but even if you don't find it, Add is the default. As I've mentioned before, I don't build the nodes by hand - I use matmatic, and matmatic places labels on the nodes a little differently than the GUI does. In matmatic, when I have two color nodes in A and B and I say

A + B

It makes a Color_Math node, sets the Math_Argument to Add, and connects A and B to the Color_Math inputs. It labels this Color_Add. If instead I say:

A - B

it would make a Color_Math node, set the Math_Argument to Subtract, and connect A and B to the Color_Math inputs. It labels this Color_Subtract.

Similarly

A * B is called Color_Multiply

and 

A / B is called Color_Divide

and so on.

But the label is completely not important. The parameter values are. The label is basically a comment - something to clue you (the reader) in as to what is happening here.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)