Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: FYI I'm going to go away for a while.

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2015 · 44 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 6:12 AM

Rather than bitch and whine about it, vote with your wallet and presence.  I stopped buying stuff here some time ago.  Many vendors sell through other brokers. If not, I'll ask them if they'll sell the item privately or I do without it.   I don't take part in any forums anymore other than the occasional post along these lines.  If everyone moved en masse to RDNA and stopped buying here, Renderosity would quickly go under and good riddance. 

Well I am part way there,  I removed all the items from my wish list that I didn't really need and other than spend my render reward from last month the only items I have purchased have been from my favourite vendors and a couple of items that were 60% off. I suspect my spend here is down by around 75-80% and I will look to reduce it further. Unfortunately RDNA have not benefitted very much but I do tend to look there a lot more and I have purchased the occasional item.  Most my spend has now moved to Vue content and, now I have Vue 2015 Studio hot off the press, I do not think that will change much in the coming months.  Longer term I will still spend on Poser content as almost all my Vue renders have Poser content in them but I will look to buy what I need/want elsewhere and only purchase here as a last resort.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.