Forum: Bryce

Subject: An idea we may want to consider

karl.garnham1 opened this issue on May 16, 2015 ยท 37 posts

BryceHoro posted Tue, 26 May 2015 at 2:21 PM

Thanks go to Karl for making me aware of this forum thread. Supplying renders at 1600 by 1200 pixels is no problem. For the interview with 3D Art Direct I rendered 4000 px wide on request.

The reservations brought up so far are valid issues. A printed book with color pictures is expensive to produce. A book needs a publisher and this means convincing a potential one. This can be time consuming and frustrating (went through that in the 1990is). However, if we get there, that's the best option.

The distribution of the royalties is an issue as well. 8 years ago I contributed to a book on HDR photography and I was happy to get a free copy of the book. I didn't ask for more. It depends what each individual contributing expects as his/her return. This has to be established, no matter whether the final work will be available as hard or soft product.

I wouldn't bother about the cover at this stage but rather what goes into the book. Who's doing the main writing? Will there be tutorials? What is the main aim of the book?

Whether limiting Bryce artwork featured to 100% Bryce or are objects brought in from other software welcome should also be established early on. 100% Bryce also means 0% post in any graphics application. Though I'm a Bryce purist (silly attitude because the result counts, not the means how it was achieved), I do use props and objects I bring into scenes now and then.

And yes, Karl, your insects are amazingly amazing.