Forum: Bryce

Subject: An idea we may want to consider

karl.garnham1 opened this issue on May 16, 2015 · 37 posts

IO4 posted Sat, 06 June 2015 at 2:23 AM

I think it's a really nice idea, but I think there would be an awful lot of considerations, such as which pictures should be included (and who would decide this? Also there could be disagreements between the purists and non-purists about those). In addition who is the target market for the book and how would you reach them if the idea is to 'show the world' Bryce and what it can do.  It's all well producing a book but it needs to be found by whoever it's aimed at - the marketing would be the key. I'm not poo-pooing the idea, I just wonder how successful it would be in terms of that objective. It'll be a nice book for us Bryce die-hards but it's not us the book is aimed at (from the original post).

A better way might be to produce a magazine - someone did have an idea for that a two or three years ago I think (I even submitted some pics for it) but nothing came of it. A magazine might gain more interest and tempt more people into trying Bryce (which is what we want, to expand the user base) by featuring tips & tricks, tutorials, examples of great work etc. Even doing that it could be a lot of work which I expect would need to be done for free, and would take a lot of time and commitment to keep it going. It might gain more support and following though the Bryce forums here and at DAZ as it would have the potential to attract regular reader and spur more interest in Bryce.(oops editing gone a bit wrong on the text there...) 

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena