Forum: Bryce

Subject: An idea we may want to consider

karl.garnham1 opened this issue on May 16, 2015 · 37 posts

karl.garnham1 posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 12:23 PM

If you want to turn this into a full-blown tutorial the added complexity will be enormous, not to mention a 5 or 10-fold increase in page count. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there thousands of Bryce tutorials already out there?

Now if each artist submits a brief 100 to 400 word description of their image, that would keep things simple and manageable.

Also, since many things cannot be modeled in Bryce you are severely limiting yourself by only featuring 100% pure Bryce images. Any image that's rendered in Bryce should qualify, and a bit of post-work can be allowed as long as it's honestly disclosed by the artist.

That really depends on how good you are with Bryce in my opinion you can do all sorts of things in Bryce if you are good enough. But maybe limiting it to that isn't a good idea as for tutorials well there maybe loads of tutorials but not all of them cover everything like making Textures using Bryce(and I don't mean in the Deep Texture Editor) I mean an above View with objects. Maybe a full Blown Tutorial isn't a good idea you are right there are a lot of tutorials out there. I agree with most but in terms of many things cannot be modelled in Bryce is wrong because I have met people who can do things I thought were impossible in Bryce you just need to push it and Be Stubborn  but your right finding the time to do so will take ages and any image as long as its rendered in Bryce should qualify and I totally Agree the Artists who have kindly volunteered should be credited and thanked for it. I hope I didn't sound rude in any of that I just Think Bryce is capable of things that not everyone realises I still appreciate you opinion I hope I haven't offended you. 

Regards

Karl