Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: What is the most used modeling program?

DigitalDreamsDS opened this issue on May 08, 2015 · 28 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Sun, 14 June 2015 at 12:35 PM

Oh, I think it would be very cool to have Poser directly linked with Blender, but I'm not as optimistic about how that would be received in the Blender community in general.  Especially by the serious Blender enthusiasts, when "Poserville" begins to invade the Blender communities, and begin the NVIATWAS renders.  I think the core foundation of Blender users will begin to resent the plugin if that were to happen, as there will be tons of people suddenly using Blender only as a render vehicle (Cycles), for hobbyist Poser use.  The core Blender users, who had long been very eager to have Blender taken seriously as a high end tool for VFX and game production, may become very unsettled about the flood of new users, who likely aren't interested in the progression of the software for studio use.

Be prepared for a lot of Anti-Poser backlash, if that actually happens.  Then again, there's tons of Poser users who just don't like Blender, and probably wouldn't even use the plugin, because of how complicated Blender seems.  There's a high percentage of Poser users who don't want to learn another software application just to render scenes, and may simply ignore the plugin.  It may end up not being a huge influx of new Blender users after all.  I guess we'd have to wait and see.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.