Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is anyone here not very good at making models but good at texturing them?

GaryChildress opened this issue on Jun 16, 2015 ยท 17 posts

Morkonan posted Tue, 16 June 2015 at 10:44 PM

I can UV map OK. It's just creating realistic looking textures that I'm not good at. I've seen some of the textures from items in the marketplace here and elsewhere and they are amazing. Wish I could create textures like that.

There's a reason why, in professional production lines, there are separate job descriptions for 3D Artist and 3D Texture Artist... :) It ain't easy, especially when you have to deal with licensing rights and derivative works issues.

I just came across this, downloading now. It looks pretty promising and it's "free" - http://www.mapzoneeditor.com/index.php (Not sure what its export options are, atm. But, bitmaps were mentioned.)

GIMP is a free graphics program and has its own plugin system, so there should be some things available out there that could help generate textures, if you don't have such an artistic hand.

For myself, an old copy of Photoshop does fairly well. "Well", that is, compared to my lackluster texturing abilities. :)