Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 5:30 AM

Really I don't think the market is big enough for a separation of Poser and Daz into non compatability.

My spend at Daz goes down every month, I am paying more for Daz platinum than I spend.  

I tried using genesis, v6 etc. really I could see no difference in the final render from V4 so I stopped.  I am not wasting all the money I have spent at Daz over the years and invested in poser to go and buy a load of new content to switch to Daz Studio. This just seems commercial folly to me.

Not sure if the market is big enough or not but the argument has been running since the introduction of Genesis and the Poser/Daz split, such as it is, happened and now is a matter of history.  I'm not a vendor but i guess only they and the brokers can tell you what the impact of the split has had. Apart from the split one would have to wonder just how many new figures the market can support.  Many users appeared to have changed their spending patterns and a lot appear to have reduced their overall spend so there has to be a question over how many Genesis users will re-invest in G3.  As long as Daz attract more user to G3, be it new or upgrades than they are laughing and, lets face it, DS software has to be paid for in one way or another.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.