Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 6:59 AM

What a sad bunch of sniveling whiners you all are!

Believe it or not, DAZ doesn't owe you full backwards compatibility of all new products forever. You bitch because there's no new V4 killer on the horizon, then you bitch some more if a possible contender appears because it means you'll have to buy better stuff to go with a better figure. DAZ is apparently trying to raise the quality of 3D figures and of 3D figure artwork as a whole. Going by the quality of most promo images in their store these days, I would say they are succeeding. Poser's development has scarcely budged in decades, but you bitch that it's DAZ's fault that many of the best vendors appear to be jumping ship in their direction, and somehow this makes them the evil enemy because they are leaving you behind stuck in, what, 2005 with V4?

I think V7 looks amazing in those promo renders, she has the prettiest face I've ever seen on a stock figure and she seems to morph into quite believable expressions. I wish her a long and happy life, but if V8 improves on her one day, that's ok too.

Not actually bitching as I have always believed Daz has the right to take the business wherever they want to take it.  Not even bothered that it might be too close to Genesis 2, although some might, as I never bought into Genesis 2, they have the right to go their way but I equally have the right to go mine.  Does that mean I am not interested in Genesis 3, not at all, l look every time there is a new figure with two prime questions, what does it do that I cannot do now, or do it better, and what do I need to use the new figure. I agree it looks a good figure and clearly better than V4 when she was first released, but then you would expect that.  I like the real reflection in the eyes seen in the promos but is that default material or burnt in.  I can get real reflections with V4 it was just not there out of the box and needed input from the likes of Bagginsbill.  I also support the work on providing better expressions as that is something that may well make me decide to change.  That said, I did not fall in love with the attitude expressions as I do not see a major improvement there.  That is not to say there is not improvement but I will need to be convinced.

Due to changes with Poser I am more likely to change to Daz than ever before but lets face it, while Studio is free, getting a decent G3 runtime is not cheap, even the sale prices are high but that is not to say they are not worth it.  I just need to be convinced that they are worth the cost and the time needed to learn Studio.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.