Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 ยท 332 posts

Razor42 posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 7:26 AM

She's supposedly got more-better rigging... "Twice as many points of articulation than before", whatever that means. Two elbow joints? I don't think so... A couple more joints in the shoulders, hip/thigh and trunk would be nice, though.

But, "DS Only" is a killer.

How about metacarpals, articulated toes. Fully rigged face with over 30 bones. 4 bones iin the tongue. No Tri's in the mesh, lower mesh density. 13 bones in the shoulders neck stomach and torso. A weight mapping and uv system that is compatible with top end 3d software..... but not Poser. Native support for pbr render materials.... HD morphs........ .... ....

I really dont see why Daz3d should worry about poser support at all after being cold shouldered by smith micro with g1 and g2. Maybe smith micro have a new figure almost ready... Or will they continue to ride an almost ten year old daz figure base (v4)

from what i have heard a lot of content creators are planning on dropping v4 support completely and focusing on g2 and g3 as its hard to ignore the vast improvements these figures bring to the table in both figure quality and content creation tools. in fact a large number have already made the leap.