Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:32 AM

it's always left to Zev0 to make the argument about market forces. This is what drives DAZ 3D, it's not emotion.

With every figure we see the same. I don't need this or that, etc. You may not, but there are others that do, and those others are in the majority, who don't frequent forums. I am willing to bet that V7 is being purchased like mad. There are those who have been waiting for a more lifelike superior figure and DAZ 3D is filling in that need excellently.

You are entitled to that opinion so I will not argue on the substance except how do you quantify the majority need the latest and greatest.  Looking at the galleries on line the majority care very little for the latest and greatest and either do not use the old figures to the full or, occasionally, are doing stunning renders with V4 figures and figures even earlier.  I accept that the majority do not frequent the forums but then how do we know what they want. I have no issues with Daz developing V7 and I have no doubt it will sell well, not that we will ever no the truth because no one in the know will admit it if it does not.  

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.