Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

DalekSupreme posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 2:27 PM

"So I guess you don't own a new computer or a TV or a gaming console, a mobile phone or any other of a million consumer products that are evolving on a daily basis, Dalek?

Why does anyone buy the latest version of anything? They want access to the latest tech and features whether incremental or groundbreaking in nature.

If V4 suits your needs then thats all you do need, but for a whole bunch of others they want access to a modern figure with modern tech driving it forward, progression.

In fact you could probably still get by on a Pentium 4 if you only want to type a daily diary on it.

What is SMITH MICRO's business model by the way, Sell Poser, Sell Upgrade ad infinitum, sound familiar?

Ummm well when I buy an iPhone 6 I don't need to go out and re-buy all my apps, when I choose to buy a poser upgrade I get to use all my existing content, when I upgrade my computer I don't have to upgrade all my programs, when I upgrade my car I don't have to buy a new house to put it in...   When I upgrade to V7 I have to replace everything...  buy her new content, Download Studio 4.8 buy all the add ons that make it work somewhat like poser, move all my existing content over to Studio 4.8 sort out the content that no longer works, learn a new program, replace the content that no longer works... and so on.... $$$$$$$$$

No you are completely correct they are obviously exactly the same issue... how silly of me. (Yes that is sarcasm)

If you already use Studio 4.8 from the start then good on you. I have nothing against V7. I just think it is a huge pity that it is transparently done as Studio only, and really for what I see as marginal benefit in the final render. I can make V4 put on a goofy expression... I did not see anything in the V7 Promo that made her a MUST buy or even unique. Oh yes I forgot, she supposedly has an anus... silly me. Now where do I download Daz Studio 4.8 with Iray again?

Please continue and chase the rainbow, I'm happy for you, its still just a bunch of light rays except made by expensive polygons.