Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

FlagonsWorkshop posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 2:30 PM

As a DAZ user, Genesis was a marked improvement over V4/M4 if for nothing else then the vastly improved morphing system.  Add too many morphs to V4 and her belly would crinkle when you tried to make her smile.  Genesis did have some problems though, it was great for creating monsters, but lousy at realistic looking humans, Genesis 2 was an improvement on that.  Vendors over here never really supported Genesis, there were a few items, but with Genesis 2 the floodgates started open.  As Zevo said, the main push to Genesis 3 seems to be getting in line with industry standards which will make Genesis more portable to just about everything other than Poser.  That will probably help the PA's, the market will be potentially bigger.  For somebody like me who uses it mostly to create comics, it isn't necessarily a selling point, I'll have to see how much better the facial expressions are (they were abysmal with Genesis, but pretty good with Genesis 2).  Those are important for what I do.  The fact the UV maps don't port, that's a big negative.  We'll have to see what options become available there, for the moment that is going to keep me from doing too much with it.

If you're happy with what you have, I am happy for you.  To those that are bashing DAZ though, if you really don't like DAZ that much, why are you wasting time in this forum?