Forum: Vue

Subject: "Masking" in Vue 4???

kruzr opened this issue on Oct 03, 2001 ยท 12 posts

kruzr posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 8:31 PM

Thank you both for your suggestions. I'm already aware of the texturing different parts of a group object, but that's not really what I had in mind. I guess I should have been more specific. 8 ^ ) Let's say I had a terrain in Vue, & I had one of the native blended textures applied to it. Now, I would like to maybe mask off a small section or two, or maybe three & apply an area of rock texture or sand texture or maybe have a separate section of grassy texture on a sandy terrain. I hope I have explained my question a little clearer this time? Anyway, if it's not possible to use a Mask in Vue 4, I wouldn't know of any other way to this. Tradivoro, yes you can import an object into ZBrush, paint it completely with a different texture or material, in different areas & export it. Unfortunately, textures & materials don't export with the object, the materials & textures with in Zbrush, are native only to Zbrush. What I had in mind was more like using the native rock or grass or whatever type materials from within Vue. Plus, if I were to do your suggested procedure by applying different materials to different parts of the group object, I would be left with sharp borders from the different materials. That's why I was hoping to use a "Gradient Type" mask to blend as well as apply the different materials. Again, I thank you both for your suggestions & have a good one . . . Mark.