Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

Male_M3dia posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 8:47 PM

They start to bash DAZ3d and Genesis, when they start losing the argument they proclaim "This is the Poser forum. You DS users get out".  Nevermind a Poser user actually started the mess, but get out. ;)
Same recipe for the last 5 years. More jade than anything else, considering dwindling or substandard figure support they've been getting in the marketplace since Genesis' introduction.
Okay, while that is true, the DAZ users are hardly innocent either (the whole "well Poser is dying, so nyah" crap)  In this case, I would say that Poser users have every right to be pissed royaly about this.  Hell, I have never used Poser, never will, and don't really like it, but this greatly offends and disgusts me as well.  DAZ basically sold out.

The problem you describe doesn't happen all that often. It happens just like this thread did: -- A poser user, is angry about DAZ for some reason.

-- More poser users pile on. 

-- They get corrected or someone gives an explanation of why it is.

-- That dies down, someone starts asking questions.

-- Someone derails it with "This is the Poser forum"

-- Fights break out. People get personal.

-- Thread gets moved or gets locked.

Rinse and repeat.

And please explain how DAZ has sold out?

They are ultimately running a business, selling their content, and unfortunately supporting poser development doesn't justify the cost to continue. No one is being vindictive. If those customers don't buy the product, you eventually don't keep stocking the shelves with their goods. Simple business and nothing personal about it.