Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

Razor42 posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 8:47 PM

You missed the point, if the users don't post in galleries and don't frequent forums how does anyone know, including you, what the majority want.  We have limited and some biased data that the others sold lot hot cakes, but accepting that they did, still does not mean the majority did, will or want to. Now I will fully agree with you for the desire in your later post on better expressions and that could well sway me towards V7 but nothing I have seen yet is an improvement. Believe me I would be happy if someone could show me the expressions have improved.   

This also misses the point there is quite clear data that the trend is swinging from Poser to Daz Studio. Have a look at a number of sources and the trend will be indicated the same. I would not go into this detail on the Poser forum but since this has now been plonked into the DS forum I see no reason not to reveal a little more on the issue. Firstly look at vendor support.

http://www.daz3d.com/vendor - have a look through this list and I think you will see a vast number of vendors who have migrated from Poser V4 support to Daz Studio Genesis Support.

So there is a trend of vendor changing markets. Usually the cause for this is that they have sampled the other market and found it more viable.

Vendors still at Renderosity are offering more and more Daz Studio Support also. Renderosity is slowly adding more DS sales and support.

Now look at website activity.

Visit Alexa.com it has some rankings based on traffic.

DAZ3D - Ranked 6444 in USA ---- Daily time on site is 15mins up 30%

Smith Micro - Ranked in USA 23 037 ---- Daily TIme on Site 3mins down 12%

Renderosity - Ranked in USA 11 762 ---- Daily Time on Site 10mins down 14%

Hivewire3d - Ranked in USA 300 236...

RuntimeDNA - Ranked in USA 35 932...

If you visit each website it's quite easy to see which has the most activity in the forums and galleries too. Compare the DAZ3D Forums to any other and you will see a clear leader for activity.

Industry Activity

When the largest content provider in the sector decides to stop supporting Poser for it's latest major product generation. It's a pretty clear indicator that it has analysed its surveys and sales data and decided it is the right time to do that. Meaning that the Daz Studio market is large enough not to need Poser support to continue. Or Poser oriented sales are not of a significant volume as that will be missed.

News Feed monitoring

Try going to google news and typing in Smith Micro and Daz3D - Daz3d reveal links to industry news and recent positive happenings with the company and it's products. Smith Micro reveal a portrait of a company with a falling share price .... its lost almost %90 of it's value in 5 years from $16 a share to $1.20... Type in Poser and there is not one relevant news feed on the first page of results.

So you can say that the data is limited or biased, but that is just not the case it's from quite varied and reliable sources that reveal an overall litmus test as to the state of Poser Smith Micro and Daz3D.