Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

Razor42 posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 10:27 PM

Response clipped for brevity.

I also think it is interesting that very often apologists who applaud a company for being corporately effective in establishing a monopoly and believe the hype they are told about this being better and brighter, bigger and bolder, become the first in the queue to complain when as a result the price goes up, and they are forced to buy new stuff again and again due to "product development". Windows anyone?

Statistics are always going to be a more reliable indicators than a single personal opinion, any time of day. People seem to hold up quite strangely the ideal that " I don't believe your statistical facts because I have X Y Z strong opinions, which refute those statistics". Opinions very rarely in anyway are a strong stance against statistics. It's like saying 50% of people who smoke will die of a smoking related disease. "What rubbish I have smoked for 30 years and I am absolutely fine, Cough, hack cough". The personal opinion doesn't override the statistical fact, except in the mind of the individual. Is the opinion a fact or just a way of mitigating the facts in the individuals mind? Of course the points I raised help to demonstrate which system is in growth and which is in decline, to not see that trend would be purely excluding fact based on your own personal opinion. Notice nowhere in my post did I say DS is more popular because "I" this or that. Every point has a traceable data path. Maybe you can point to some data that indicates that any of my points are not the case?

Website Activity, has this actually changed? Yes there has been a clear downward trend on Poser related sites and upwards trends on Daz3D own site. Check the data yourself it's clear the volume of traffic has been swinging. Again no "I" or Opinion just data trends.

Industry Activity: Why should DAZ3D bend over backwards to keep Poser support for their content. When a) It's a small percentage of overall sales and b) Smith Micro will not lift a finger to build in support to the largest content provider on the market and will or cannot produce it's own content to a comparable professional standard. If anyone is excluding Smith Micro it is Smith Micro. Again not an opinion about why or how it effect me or "I" just reference to facts.

News Feed: You missed the point if Poser is doing well why is Smith Micro doing so bad? Why is there no news about Poser if Poser is still fertile and relevant? 

Most of your post from this point is just pure opinion and not backed up by any facts at all but your own thoughts or ideals. Pure speculation and personal opinion. Which you're entitled to but it's not really a clear indication of what is happening with Poser or Daz Studio or what the majority of customers think.