Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

DalekSupreme posted Tue, 23 June 2015 at 11:30 PM

Most of your post from this point is just pure opinion and not backed up by any facts at all by your own thoughts or ideals. Pure speculation and personal opinion. Which you're entitled to but, it's not really a clear indication of what is happening with Poser or Daz Studio or what the majority of customers think.

I must apologise for having a opinion... even if its not strictly opinion in my opinion. Historically all this is fact, I'm not disputing your stats. I'm not arguing for and against, although you assume I am. I don't care which is rising and falling. I'm not proving anything as to which is better or worse. I'm not arguing for a majority, I merely don't think your stats prove anything about what the majority is really doing/thinking either. For example Renderosity Vendors just started supporting G1 when that stopped, they have just started supporting G2... along comes G3... I know vendors who are saying "I'm going back to V4". Thats obviously the opinion of a few vendors. A lot of vendors I know were shocked by V7 when they were told about it months ago, as they were just beginning to bring out V6 stuff... this has therefore slowed some other releases on Renderosity as vendors wonder what will happen. This has happened before when G1 and G2 came out... but thats opinion obviously. Of course as monopolies establish they get more traffic... your stats seem to indicate we are heading for a monopoly. (Sorry that may be opinion again). If I produce something that no longer works with something else you have no choice but to come to me... that will drive up my traffic. Yea, makes commercial sense. I will give you iTunes for free you pay for content. The Genius there was... I did not have to change to an apple PC and I did not have to re-buy all my CD's, and re-download my music every 12 months and pay for it again. Apple is bigger than Microsoft now in the stockmarket listing (rare fact among a sea of opinion).

Both companies Smith Micro and Daz, in my opinion (Ha Ha!) are as bad as each other except in this one area.

Daz wants to establish a monopoly... thats a fact is it not? Look at the evidence. V7 and a lot of new content works in Studio only. It makes corporate sense and Daz has been following this path for months...years. That is not saying Studio it is better not saying its worse than Poser. Just a fact. Is that opinion, sorry I'm confused... must come with age?

I am concerned by this. As a rule Monopolies are not good for the consumer.

I am concerned for the future, not the past. I am concerned for the hobby, I am concerned for the vendors who get pushed to one side and make little money from their work as it is, due to an effective duopoly of distribution.

I'm sure Daz will be much much much more generous if they become the only game in town, in my opinion, the boss of Daz will of course give up his new Merc to share the spoils! That's corporate america at its best!

I know all this fluff and nonsense does not matter, just when we give someone a monopoly, and it is we the consumer that does it, let us be conscious of what we are doing and aware of the potential consequences?