Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

IceEmpress posted Wed, 24 June 2015 at 2:13 AM

M3D: They sold out by giving Poser users the middle finger in exchange for the big industry applications.  Daz has always catered to the hobbyist crowd.  Now they are ditching the hobbyist crowd for the industrial standard/big business crowd, which is also their reason for abandoning Genesis 2 on the second anniversary of its release.

While the Poser users may start it, it is not always a result of hostility (plenty of times it is due to what I consider perfectly legitimate grievances)  Then the DAZ users come in with arguments based on assumption (Poser is obsolete and dying, dudes, ands it's all Smith Micro's fault!), and some of it really comes across to me as rubbing it in their (Poser complainers and users') faces.

Many users on both sides are also at fault for feeding the trolls, and to be honest this annoys me far more than the trolls do.  Do not legitimize them by acknowledging their existence, just quietly report them for abuse.  I see this in too damn many places where a good or serious topic gets derailed, and all constructive discussion ignored in favor of responding to a single person's offensive comment(s).  You see it all across internetdom, and it always concludes with all but the troll and one other person ditching the thread, where these two remaining posters argue back and forth for 60~200 posts.

Problem is, as I see it, the Daz troublemakers are engaging in the Fallacy of Casual Reductionism-- assuming that there is a single (often simple) cause for something, when in reality, as with most things in life, there are multiple factors behind this.  I'll go over them for the umpteenth time in my next post (which might have like 5% new content : )