Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

Male_M3dia posted Wed, 24 June 2015 at 5:43 AM

What a sad bunch of sniveling whiners you all are!

Believe it or not, DAZ doesn't owe you full backwards compatibility of all new products forever. You bitch because there's no new V4 killer on the horizon, then you bitch some more if a possible contender appears because it means you'll have to buy better stuff to go with a better figure. DAZ is apparently trying to raise the quality of 3D figures and of 3D figure artwork as a whole. Going by the quality of most promo images in their store these days, I would say they are succeeding. Poser's development has scarcely budged in decades, but you bitch that it's DAZ's fault that many of the best vendors appear to be jumping ship in their direction, and somehow this makes them the evil enemy because they are leaving you behind stuck in, what, 2005 with V4?

I think V7 looks amazing in those promo renders, she has the prettiest face I've ever seen on a stock figure and she seems to morph into quite believable expressions. I wish her a long and happy life, but if V8 improves on her one day, that's ok too.

*Spokesman paid actor working for Daz. lol. Actually no one cares that you think people whine. Nor your opinion about how beautiful you think V7 looks. If you want one product that works with only one program you're welcome to spend your money into that economic nightmare for as long as you can support it. If you want reasonable prices competition and some format co-operation are necessary. Otherwise, get ready for software that costs several thousand dollars with figures that cost a grand. People were "whining" because they'd like to play with the shiny toys too. Being stuck to one program (made by the company that controls that content) is to suck on lemons all day. Other CG program software users simply advise learn to make your own figures from scratch. It could easily get pushed to that if the market swings too much one way or the other.

You know a Poser user said that right? And this person hit the nail right on the head.