Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

IceEmpress posted Wed, 24 June 2015 at 6:02 AM

Guys, don't feed him.  Seriously.

Smith Micro (and esp. Content Paradise) are a huge mess.  To place the blame squarely on SM for Poser's current situation is to commit the casual reductionist fallacy.  So far I have identified the following potential contributors:

--Genesis and Genesis 2 do not run natively in Poser

--V4 support is being dropped in exchange for G2F support on both DAZ and Rendo

--I'm not going to open the can of worms over who is at fault or to what ratio for the lack of Genesis 1 & 2 native support in Poser, I'm just going to throw this factor out here.

--Dawn and Dusk simply could not compete with Genesis 2-- the official Dawn and Dusk morph add-on packs don't even look very realistic to me. Separate Poser and Daz figures is also a major dealbreaker, along with the limited product library of Hivewire3D (unless you want Lisa's Botanicals or Ken Gilliand's birds, there isn't a whole lot over there in regards to independent figures and props)

--One thing that cannot be disputed is that Dawn-only products tend to have a rather shot shelf-life in the marketplace before being tossed into the clearance bin (how long was it before Dawn's Glam Ponytail the free hair that comes with Dawn textures got tossed into the bin? 6, 8 months after release on Rendo?).  Compare this to items that are compatible with V4 and/or G2; many are still alive and kicking.

--Roxie and Rex are Poser-only and enjoy extremely limited support on Content Paradise, of all places.  What is available is predominantly low-quality, with Smith Micro's Business Essentials being the worst (and as usual, we see the typical Content Paradise-Brand abysmally unnatural poses)  SM's products for Miki 3/4 have far better previews, but the clothing still looks like skintight spandex.

--Oh, BTW...  for at least the past two months (probably much longer) the "Corporate" and "Support" links at the bottom of the page are broken, and have been broken for around 2 months, now.  THE SUPPORT PAGE LINK IS BROKEN!!!  (IIRC you can find those pages if you Google long enough)  The "Corporate" one is necessary to reach the page about becoming a vendor as well to sign up to become a vendor (IIRC)   No wonder SM sells Poser through so many 3rd parties!