Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

IceEmpress posted Wed, 24 June 2015 at 6:27 AM

If your services are not wanted, what business will still keep providing them?
Uh, the services are clearly wanted by customers.  You're right that the middle finger thing was extreme hyperbole on my part, and I apologize to everyone for it.  I'm just frustrated over having another generation forced upon us (support for Genesis 2 WILL be dropped, leaving customers with no new G2 products), and the break of tradition with Poser support which I find offensive, and all of this to sell-out by abandoning their indie small-business roots and hobbyist fans for the big industry/mainstream.  That, and I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday (that's not even counting how upset I was about the whole Gen3 thing)  Neither of which is an excuse for my behavior.

Who would provide services to customers that have been openly hostile to them, and don't buy their products?
I see plenty of customers who AREN'T hostile, and doing what they can to make Genesis 2 work in Poser.  Hell, we have a vendor here who makes Poser-only dynamic clothing for Genesis 2, and those outfits have texture support from IIRC at least two vendors.  I have also seen people complain about the scarcity of new(er) products in the DAZ store with Poser mat support.  This is a perfectly understandable grievance, IMO, and the incidents that I can recall folks complaining about it, it did sound as though they were interested in buying DAZ's products.

And while we're on the subject, there are 3D modelers/gamedevs/programmers of the big professional software who look down upon those who do not make their own models, and esp. look down on anyone who wants to use or convert a commercial product for even private use in Max, Maya, etc.  Purchasing a game dev license to use someone's commercial project rather than making your own is heavily frowned upon in some circles.  (This elitism is in many ways similar to the elitism you see among a subset of Linux, BSD, and Ubuntu users towards Windows and Mac users)