Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 ยท 332 posts

nDelphi posted Wed, 24 June 2015 at 7:00 AM

Corporately DAZ are following a very sensible policy of maximising profit by upgrading their product very regularly to encourage people to buy new product and spend more money. In my "opinion" the end result in the render is not huge over V4. Both look very good in Both poser and Studio. DAZ is greedy... it is a business. The boss of DAZ is not in it for the karma.

It's not corp. greed, it's a business. Corp. greed would be if DAZ 3D was trying to break standards to become a monopoly. Maybe you can understand it if I put it to you this way, or maybe not.

If DAZ 3D does not innovate another company, not even SM, because as I see it they dropped the ball, DAZ 3D will be in the same position SM is in today. In business, if you don't innovate and/or become the market leader you will die.

As explained a gazillion times, DAZ 3D is not sticking it to anyone and they are doing what I would do in their position, even accepting industry standards. Moving forward. This is good not only for the hobbyist but new customers coming in from other platforms (a brilliant move). We get better and better figures. Victoria 7 is nothing as compared to Victoria 10 when it comes out, but coming out it will. You can wait until then or join in now, either way the market is moving. Stop taking it personally. This is the nature of the business. Technology moves forward.

And you don't have to move to any new figure if you don't want, V4 is still being supported.

If DAZ 3D is so evil and greedy why is it that their affiliate program is the best in the industry? They share the wealth with those who put in the effort. I do OK as an affiliate and I am not even a PA.

3D DAZ Studio/Poser Celebrity Lookalike Directory