Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 ยท 332 posts

Male_M3dia posted Wed, 24 June 2015 at 7:40 AM

It's incredible that some people on the forums, and it is always the same few people, don't even want to believe in the statistics.

"bury one's head in the sand, to avoid reality; ignore the facts of a situation:"

I mentioned early on in this thread that as an affiliate I always see the explosion in purchasing, and I can see clearly that the market loves the new figure. Many of the people here have to learn to see past their little orbit. And when they are wrong and are presented with the facts not bury their heads in the sand. You are not hurting me with your delusions, you just don't want to face facts.

From what I heard V7 was selling like hotcakes yesterday, even with the change in UV, weightmapping and no poser support. It also brought the downloads to a crawl and there were overloads on the website. I know I couldn't get in a few times. This would mean that customer demand is there and will speed adoption, like what happened with V6. If the customers are demanding content, then the market is going to shift in that direction fairly quickly. If that's the case, then DAZ made a good call in not investing resources in poser support... but then they have their reports and statistics to make that decision and not relying on emotion. The industry standards and the Iray support sounds like it's a hard combo to resist right now.