Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

LaurieA posted Wed, 24 June 2015 at 1:09 PM

"Daz wants a Monopoly."

I'm going to call BS on that one. Studio moving to an industry standard makes it perfectly feasible for SM to implement that industry standard into poser. In other words this move is the exact opposite of trying to have a monopoly on what programs can use the figure. It is in SM's hands if they want to add that standard however.

There's a lot of BS going around lately. I don't know why people don't understand they can use both programs if they want to and who cares which? Because you might want to try DS and buy some stuff doesn't in any way mean you're abandoning your investment in Poser. Besides, when's the last time you used a 15 year old figure or other really old content? I told SM before that listening to the users boo-hoo about backwards compatibility was gonna bite them in the ass. Well, seems it's come to pass... You can't move forward if  you're only looking back. One more thing - Daz is a business and as such they are in the business to make money. It's not their responsibility to provide a product to you at the price you want to pay. And they can't get emotional about it either (IE: "only out for the money", "greedy", "in it for themselves"). Yep. Sounds like a business to me. And If everyone were jostling for Poser, SM would be doing it too. Or maybe SM is losing the battle because they don't do more OF that.

FWIW, all this is coming from primarily a Poser users (and I have been for 16 years). I only just recently started using DS. I don't see why I can't use both shrug.

Laurie