Forum: Carrara

Subject: Spend Money at Daz? Don't want to see Carrara dumped? Read this please.

headwax. opened this issue on Jun 24, 2015 · 53 posts

de3an posted Wed, 24 June 2015 at 1:58 PM

MarkBremmer posted at 8:29AM Wed, 24 June 2015:
Would you believe me if I told you the programmers are as frustrated as the users?

The DAZ programmers?

Are you saying that you have actually been able to communicate with the reclusive DAZ programmers?

Do you have to meet in a dark corner of a parking garage, wearing disguises?

I can't remember the last time that I saw an actual post from one of their developers in the DAZ forum (if ever). And the few times that I was actually able to communicate directly with one was in the now discontinued bug tracker.

An interesting aside about the bug tracker; Almost every time that I had a successful exchange with a DAZ developer that resulted in the actual resolution of a bug, that developer would mysteriously vanish from the bug tracker's users list, their user name being replaced with "user#00027" or some such thing. It was as if they were being punished for having worked directly with a customer to solve a problem. Now, I don't know if they were fired, quit, or given a pair of cement overshoes, but I never saw them again.

Well, that problem is a thing of the past now, with the discontinuation of the bug tracker. Which I believe was done, at least in part, to prevent the developers from speaking directly with customers.

The business which is DAZ is such a black-box that any discussion of their intentions is pure conjecture. And those who actually know someone on the inside who is willing to talk, is probably sworn to secrecy least more heads roll from the DAZ compound.

At any rate, for what its worth, I added my usage to the DAZ Carrara thread.