Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Genesis 3 in Poser (really!)

WandW opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 89 posts

shvrdavid posted Wed, 24 June 2015 at 5:57 PM

thd777, I did not realize it came with the update, thanks for letting me know.

erogenesis, Fbx works fine to get the character into Poser but all you basically get is a single map FBX character, literally, because that is what FBX gives you.

Genesis3_Female.jpgThe bone structure in Genesis 3 reminds me of characters from other apps not associated with Poser, or previously Studio. I have rigged more than a few characters like this, but it can be a daunting task to set up all the dependencies depending on the program you rig it for. I can understand why they did it this way, it adds a lot to what you can do to the mesh. 3D weight mapping and advanced scaling on the limbs and joints that have multiple bones, which is probably the biggest addition over Genesis 2.

The blend shape setup in the head is cool, but even thou it adds some to what you can do it is still partially limited by the dependencies of those bones. Not a problem if you know how to setup and edit blend shape faces thou..........

Would I use this Figure in Houdini? I might just to see what it takes to convert this rigging to muscle rigging in Houdini.... Probably wont be too hard to do because I use similar bone structures in some characters and can just modify and go. It would probably work good in Blender and many other apps as well.

Would I want this Figure in Poser? No, not really.... Looks to me like the division between Studio characters in Poser are about done. The division bell has rung folks......

Someone may get it to work in Poser but it will probably be a resource hog due to the differences in the programs. 

It works fine in Studio, so I will just fire up Studio if I want to play around with it. Buy a whole new wardrobe for it? Not a chance. It does not impress me enough to warrant that.

Just for the record, you can rig characters like this in Poser. But it is done differently. V4~WM and Antonia~WM have ghost bones, V7 has a lot of them but the are inline for the most part. There were a lot of people that did not like the fact that the 2 Poser Place weight mapped characters had ghost bones to improve the rigging and now that Daz has done basically same thing, people are rushing to get it into Poser. I have been using facial rigging for years as well, nothing really new there either.

Does any of this strike anyone as odd? It strikes me as odd.

Especially since many people shunned ghost bones in 2 figures right off the bat and I don't see anyone shunning Genesis 3 for it........

Can't imagine why.............

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->