Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Genesis 3 released

Medzinatar opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 46 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 5:19 AM Online Now!

Any possibility that we'll get a G3F and G3M clone for G2F/M?  Esp. G2M?

Also, Zev, will you be dropping support for G2M?  <:(

Malemedia, Zev, Rawart, and Razor42/DesignAnvil (if you're lurking here) will you be dropping support for 3Delight?  Because this is what I am stuck with.  I don't want to use yet ANOTHER render engine, nor can I even if I wanted to because this computer can't handle it, and I cannot afford another one (I'd only get a new one if this one died on me-- speaking of, is it still possible to get a Windows 7 CD or have a computer repair techie employee install it?  Or am I stuck with Windows 8~10?)

Sucks that we never did get Ravenhair's Medieval Cloak pack for G2M-- I guess I'll have to just hope that she'll release it for G3M and make it compatible with G2M as well...

Concentrating on the Windows question.  Generally it is possible to load Windows 7 on a Windows 8 machine without too many problems.  There are some issues in that Windows 8 uses and different disc format.  The other issue is that, if it is a commercially build system and they used hardware that had only just come onto the market, there may not be Windows 7 drivers available.  None of this is a real show stopper. Would trying Windows 10 first be another option?

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.