Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 ยท 332 posts

Male_M3dia posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 7:00 AM

even if I wanted to

So you admit that you don't want to try. Bye bye.

Yes I think this is the issue too. The thing is, DAZ can't innovate and improve its products while accommodating those that refuse to grow. I think there's lots of things that they wanted to do with Genesis 2 but held off on because they felt not enough people had the horsepower or willing to learn. But with Genesis 3, they're making the turn with making their products in line with industry standards, and that finally means saying goodbye to things that they've done before. Not everyone is ready for that, so they have the older figures to work with and use. They haven't stopped working. There's a few things I have for Genesis 2 that I'll keep there, but I want to move a few things forward if I can as well, and improve them. This isn't a cheap hobby, and I've spent a lot of money on content and hardware to support the program, probably more that most of my customers. My hardware is similar to a gaming rig because you want the viewport not to be sluggish, especially when you load in some fiber mesh hair. That setup has eased my transition to iray, and I have previously octane licenses (which i've basically shelved support on) and luxrender/reality support (which support is shelved as well). But the point is people shouldn't ask companies to stop innovating because they refuse to learn. No business will nor should accommodate that, use the content you have and if support dies, you will have to learn what it takes to keep your characters content going. But don't be surprised or expect sympathy when you are left behind. This is artwork, but this also a technology-based hobby and the tech is going to move forward whether you like it or not because frankly business have to keep their customer happy by giving them content that improves what they do. And there are far more that want to improve than those that don't, that's how DAZ can do what they do so well, and get companies such as Nvidia to work deals so DS customers can use a $600 tool for no cost to them.