Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Genesis 3 in Poser (really!)

WandW opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 89 posts

seeker posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 9:11 AM

file_3644a684f98ea8fe223c713b77189a77.jpThis is the best I could get. The face expressions do not work. Since that's 99.9 percent of the reason I liked G3 and it doesn't look that it will ever work, I'm done with her.

It's such a shame too, she is lovely.

Bit of a shame to give up so soon as you have got this far.  No sure why the expressions do not work but I am sure they will at some point.  It will take a while for vendors to get used to the figure but it may have the potential for some good expressions

I don't think that it will work because of the way the expressions are handled. As far as I understand it, poser cannot handle the original rigging and the expression are handled with bones. I had to convert G3 to TriAx and that wipes out the expressions even within DS. I really do hope there will be a solution, Daz can have my money then.

You can read this entry from the person that designed Genesis 3: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/845208/

If the figure stayed triax, the face rig would not have happened. That's why Dual Quaterion skinning is used instead. If you think using the DSON importer was slow for some users, try adding all those weighted bones. The solution to this is not DAZ's to make. They've already said they've taken the importer as far as they wish to take it. Add Dual Quaternion skinning to your Poser wishlist.

I also think that it's SM that has to create support for the new technologies or take another path and divide us from DAZ. I don't think that the content's creator should limit the innovation of it's models to conform to other software. I hope there won't be a divide eventually.