Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

JoePublic posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 10:13 AM

Well,

I'd like for time to move little slower, too.

For example I have no smartphone either and my next car I'm planning to buy will be a mid-60's Opel.

And except for my two Acer Laptops, I don't have any "millenium" tech in my home. Not even a TV-set.

Soo, I completely understand where IceEmpress is coming from.

SM was basically asleep behind the wheel for the last decade, but DAZ going all out "professional" will shut out a lot of hobbyists who are just in it for the fun.

For example, Genesis 3 will be complete useless for me even in Studio, as I don't belong to the elite few "professionals", that are granted access to the sacred HD-Sculpting tool.

And without that, I can't compensate for G3's lack of polygons.

(And if I wanted to use displacement or normal maps or any other geometry faking nonsense, I could just as well based my work on Roxy)

So, no HD-tool, no full control over the mesh.

And without full control, I won't waste my time "learning" a new figure and app.

Pity.

But this is a direct result of DAZ "going professional". They are relegating artists that really want to work with G3 to mere customers.

So it's back to my own hi-res hybrid meshes. At least they can do everything I want without the need of "secret" tech.

Yes, DAZ is pretty much right. In a capitalistic world, they made better choices than SM did.

But just let's not pretend that everything is just smelling like roses.

If you move too fast, some things will get lost.