Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

nDelphi posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 3:25 PM

SM was basically asleep behind the wheel for the last decade, but DAZ going all out "professional" will shut out a lot of hobbyists who are just in it for the fun.
Exactly.  Expect DAZ to get more "complex" and less user-friendly (also known as "locked" by Linux/Ubuntu/MAX/Blender users)  Expect freebies (including PC+ freebies) to be either static (we already have a bunch of those, but I'm talking about just stagnant freebies) or for them to grind down to 1 freebie per month, just like the industry standard.

Someone may only want to buy a single model for an indie license, rather than a license for everything on the site.  So out with the low hobbyist prices, in with the "prohibitively expensive because it comes with a dev license just like TurboSquid and CGTrader models" prices.  Finally, expect the industry standard of woefully unfriendly search and dropdown category features just like you see on TurboSquid, CGTrader, etc. (no, I mean even WORSE than what Daz has now-- FAR worse)  Welcome to the industry standard, everybody!

Freebies, static? I downloaded so many freebies from DAZ 3D in the past three months to have lost count. I don't think I'll ever use most of that stuff, but I still grabbed it. How is that static? And about "industry standard" prices? I have purchased a ton of stuff at between 60% to 80% off, and this includes Genesis 2 stuff, and I am not even in their PC membership program.

I got a boat load of Zev0's stuff, for example, for very cool sales prices.

I am going to have to check with a scientist and make sure I am not living some of the time in a different dimension than some of you, or perhaps it is some of you who are shifting thru time? LOL!

3D DAZ Studio/Poser Celebrity Lookalike Directory