Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

JoePublic posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 5:13 PM

"Professional Artists that have to do this for a living isn't clamoring for an HD tool as it's not available; neither should you."

I'm not a professional nor do i want to be one, so I can clamor for anything I want. Thank you very much.

Yes, this discussion has been had, but back in the G1 days I still believed/hoped that keeping the HD tool "exclusive" was just a short term marketing ploy during the introduction phase of Genesis.

I still stick to my opinion I had back then: Given that Poser and Studio aren't polygon sensitive for quite some time now, there is no inherent value in submitting oneself to the "industry standard" low res mesh + SubD paradigma.

High res meshes like V3 can be weightmapped just as successfully as low res meshes. Just takes a little longer.

But they are much easier to sculpt for the hobbyist who doesn't have all those "professional tools" at his disposal.

Again, it might take a little longer, but who cares? There is no client breathing down the hobbyist artist's neck, wanting things completed yesterday.

And if you need a low res background mesh, just supply a seperate figure.

The V3/V3RR and M3/M3RR combo always worked flawlessly for me and many others.

Same with the V4/V4-17k combo where V4 was just a "frozen" copy of a sub1 V4 17k.

(Although I liked the purpose made V3RR better)

Anyway, SubD is just another "Industry standard" that the hobbyist community lived happily without for years without ever missing it.

On the contrary, the non-SubD meshes have advantages that are now thrown away just to lure "the industry" in.

If you take away BOTH our polygons as well as the tools to properly replace them, you will have to live with the fact that we don't use your product.

Again, for the vast majority, G3 will be the right product.  G2 sure was. So I don't see DAZ changing its course just for a few crazies like me.

I just wanted to point out that while the Empress doth hath clothes, she might miss a few pieces of underwear.

;-)