Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

Male_M3dia posted Sat, 27 June 2015 at 9:53 AM

There were a couple of points in the Chris Creek interview that I found particularly interesting.

He said that the new board wanted to stop work on an in-house figure and "let the artists come up with one".

He actually had to fight the board to keep figure development going.

Incidentally, he also says, quite candidly, that they bought all the other software packages to keep them out of the hands of Curious Labs (they were Poser's owners at that time.)

Um, there is a saying about being three sides to any story: his side, DAZ's side, and the truth. I met Jim and co last year; one of  my jokes about dawn got tossed out and their was a room of laughter. Jim said "While that's funny, we don't want to trash Hivewire." And he went into the business at hand. I say that because DAZ has really been taking the high road when other companies chose to publicly bash, scratch faces and wig pull.

And DAZ3D takes the high road because they have a business to run and products to make. The management team was brought in to fix the issues the almost ran the company aground a few years ago and brought more innovation to the company since Dan and Chris left. And with Daz has done now, they are way better than a few years ago with Genesis 1, with no poser support and a broken website and all-over-the-place management. And Jim was the main one allaying PA fears during the website mess, and encouraging us to hold on. So Jim and the team has been doing a good job of bringing new tech, and guiding the vision of the company, products, look of the site, most importantly increasing sales of the company and PAs. I can't complain... What DAZ has done to improve my sales have been SO MUCH BETTER than with the the old guard. And any other the PAs will tell you the same thing.

So to me that interview reeks more of desperation than anything else, and is very unprofessional for an owner of a company to even do. So really I would view that interview with a grain of salt because this is the thing you should consider:  If you were pushed out, why is DAZ innovating more since you're gone, and why is your new venture barely a blip on the current landscape? Would seem it should have been the other way around if you really think about it.