Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

chaecuna posted Sat, 27 June 2015 at 5:08 PM

Smith Micro is in no position to buy out DAZ.  They are a publicly traded company, it doesn't take much to find their financials.  Since DAZ is not a publicly traded company I have no idea if the reverse is possible, or even desired.  Why would DAZ want to maintain to separate, very high maintenance programs that do the same thing?  Poser may end up with somebody else, I doubt seriously it would be DAZ.

In another thread, WandW hoped to shoot down a comment of mine and instead egregiously shoot him/her-self in a foot providing me with some very interesting information. In this angle of the ring, the VC behind DAZ, NTT Docomo Capital, the investment branch of NTT Docomo. NTT Docomo is the predominant mobile operator of Japan with about 23,000 employees and 4.2 trillion Yen revenues. The story does not end here, since NTT Docomo is part of the NTT empire with 220,000 employees and 10.5 trillion Yen revenues.

On the other side of the ring is SmithMicro, 380 employees and 100 million $ revenues, a florid firm which spends half of its time trying not to be delisted from NASDAQ due to the too low share price.

Poser could be bought by DAZ with the rounding errors of NTT Docomo Capital balance sheet. But why should DAZ buy it? there is no technology in Poser still worth the cost of paying the lawyers to prepare the documents.