Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Genesis 3 in Poser (really!)

WandW opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 89 posts

FVerbaas posted Sat, 27 June 2015 at 5:11 PM Forum Coordinator

I tried that and got nearly nowhere. Well, it resulted in something I could pose without breaking in all sorts of bizarre ways. But no morphs that were accessible, they looked to be all stuck inside the head. Of course that may be because I'm practically a Collada virgin. ;-)  So how did you do it?

She will have to do without morphs I am afraid. I read somewhere DAZ does not export them in Collada. The word 'morph' does not appear in the .dea file. Fortunately, for variations in the face geometry DAZ decided to apply bones instead of morphs. This is nothing new. It was done before in Antonia WM and V4WM.  I recall some people ar PosePlace expermented with bones used to mimick the bulging of muscles etc. DAZ took this up now and made a sort of mime of the face muscle sctucture.

Use the face cam and experiment. Go easy on the dials. You can use rotations, translations and set sensitivity a factor 10 down. Making your own expressions and face morphs was never easier. You may want to make them master dials.

The good thing is of course this method has better promises for being portable between figures than copying morphs, which is very sensible to accurate alignment between donor and receiver. With the weight map brush you can tweak the extent and distribution of the 'morph'. 

I have been playing around with her for a few days now and in all I must respectfully disagree with those who say that Genesis3 is a threat for Poser. I think Genesis3 may well turn out to be one of the best things that has come to the Poserverse inthe past years. The collada imported figure bends neatly and it is a perfect base for tinkering, and tinkering figures is what Poser is good at. 

I see a small posse of enthusiasts extend this helper bone system to improve handling of breasts, add body variations, muscle action, etc.Others developing the master dials andt hen, new use for PoserPlace's Outfitter, to inject in Genesis3.    

The future of the Poserverse looks brighter now.