Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Jun 23, 2015 · 332 posts

IceEmpress posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 2:44 PM

This kind of behaviour usually comes from waning companies looking for a restructure. Falling revenues generally mean requirement to find immediate new markets, often abandoning the old in the process.
I.e. what happens during a major recession.  Which in the current global market is likely to occur with increasing frequency.  The global economy is no more sustainable than the modern standard of living and current overpopulation.  Eventually, all three will be overshot (look up "overshoot and collapse" theory for details, which covers far more categories than just industrialization and global economy)

@Razor42: the discussions about "industry standards" with derogatory quotes stems from the posters never having looked outside of their tiny Poser ghetto. If they had ever visited sites like GCSociety or fxguide, expanding their painfully limited vision of the world, they would not keep posting silly comments.
I have looked at them, and big industry in general, which is precisely why I use it in a derogatory fashion.  Companies, bands, etc. often lose sight of their roots when they go mainstream. 

This speculation is based entirely on the concept that the hobbyist will not want the most advanced and highest quality products and that they as hobbyist would prefer a lower level of potential than the "professional".
Uh, duh, of course they wouldn't.  Highest quality pro/industry standards = expensive and advanded thus user-unfriendly.  See my comments before (in numerous posts) about Blender/3DSMax/Maya/etc. users making the same complaints about Poser/DAZ that Linux/etc. users make about Windows and Mac, that they are "locked in" (limited features and customizability-- i.e. lower level of potential) because "BS, Linux/Blender/etc. are not hard/harder to use at all, in fact, they're much easier/more user-friendly than Windows/Poser/Mac/DAZ!" 
DAZ will be inundated by complaints by Pros that their store doesn't do this or that because "That's how Turbosquid, CGtrader, 3Delicious, and Autodesk do it!" or complaints that DAZ Studio doesn't do this or that because all the non-niche (e.g. Terragen, Pegasus3D) professional 3D apps do it. 

Go look on hivewire's website to see the interview. Interviewing owners is one thing; airing dirty laundry is another... Especially when you leave out important details.
You're talking about humans, here.  The ones who DON'T do this are the exception, not the rule.  Even more so for businesses-- dumping on the competition, or at the very least, only giving the pros of their side while refusing to even address-- let alone answer asked questions-- about the pros of the competition is just good business.  Hell, giving extreme examples, the most profitable thing (until they get caught) to do is engage in libel, no matter how far-fetched (e.g a competitor, back in the 80's, creating the rumor that Mexicans piss into each bottle of Corona, or each batch of the beer, or something along that line.)