Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why are you still using V4?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 29, 2015 · 761 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 2:40 PM

" I bought tons of stuff for V4"

lol anybody seriously thought, this was a lifetime investment? Anybody seriously thought V4 and Poser6 are forever?

Anybody should be aware, that one figure cannot be the last and only release. V7 is out now and there will be a V8,9 and 10. Keep that in your calulation, when you decide to buy stuff for her. I've tons of stuff for Miki1020 and Miki 2 and Sydney. So what, they didn't last forever either. This was obvious from the start.

Time to move on.

No V4 will not be for ever but no matter how good any new figure is there will be few users that will buy into that figure and immediately stop using V4.  The reason is simple, there will not be sufficient support to do what V4 can do now and it will take time for that to happen.  Time to keep an eye on where the market is going, yes.  Time to move on, sorry way to soon to consider as no figure is mature enough to jump yet and if there really is a V8, V9 and V10 then I would say you are even more locked into a figure that has limitations just like V4, they just happen to be different limitations.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.