Forum: Carrara

Subject: The Real Reason Carrara users Have trouble with Daz

tsarist opened this issue on Jul 06, 2015 ยท 45 posts

Male_M3dia posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 8:14 AM

Carraraists

There may be more of you asking for changes (improvements, etc) in Carrara than you think.

I stopped posting over in the Daz forums quite some time ago. Maybe the odd post here or there.

I recently posted to a forum about Stonemasons Pool House. It's a FANTASTIC set that looks awesome, but it doesn't have Poser files, just DUF files. A disturbing trend, especially from Stonemason, who has been offering Poser files until recently.

http://www.daz3d.com/the-pool-house

I posted a VERY friendly short post complimenting the Stoneman's talent and telling him to keep us Carrara8 (and earlier)/Poser users in mind because we use his stuff.

Someone else came in and agreed with me.

Today, my post and any others in support of Poser files were removed!!

There could be an army of people who want what you want.

There could be an army of people with the same problems/concerns as you might have, but the good old "deleted posts' always keep the truth hidden from view.

So, just because you don't SEE support for Carrara or whatever issues you may be having...

DON'T believe it doesn't exist.

Stonemason announced his dropping support for Poser a while back, so those posts (and there were a lot of them) were derailing his thread with requests, demands, and general whining about wanting poser support despite what was said and ask he address it yet again, which was a TOS violation and were removed. So it's probably not a good idea to go into his commercial threads asking for Poser support in the future, because that decision is final. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow after all the years of him making sets with poser support, but it has been something he's wanted to do for a while. So if you want to use his sets you can either use the obj import or the duf.