Forum: Carrara

Subject: The Real Reason Carrara users Have trouble with Daz

tsarist opened this issue on Jul 06, 2015 · 45 posts

Male_M3dia posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 8:11 PM

Stonemason announced his dropping support for Poser a while back, so those posts (and there were a lot of them) were derailing his thread with requests, demands, and general whining about wanting poser support despite what was said and ask he address it yet again, which was a TOS violation and were removed. So it's probably not a good idea to go into his commercial threads asking for Poser support in the future, because that decision is final. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow after all the years of him making sets with poser support, but it has been something he's wanted to do for a while. So if you want to use his sets you can either use the obj import or the duf.

I don't consider people asking for Poser support or whatever "whining." I used to own a boutique and if a customer came in asking for something we no longer carried, I didn't accuse them of whining and throw them out of the store.

As I said earlier, I don't go over there that often anymore (for a number of good reasons) and I don't read every post and most certainly didn't see any posts where Stonemason said "Fu@k off" to Poser users. 

So please forgive me that I don't camp out over in the forums and read every single post that everyone makes.

Don't worry, I won't go over to his threads and ask for a bloody thing.

Nor will I go over to his shop and spend a penny of my "TOS violating money."

No, not everyone was whining but some were. And on the subject of telling people to "F@ck off", this is a business, so keep your emotions in check. The fact that Poser users weren't spending money, resulted in ending support. No one is trying to be evil with you, so don't take it personal.