Forum: Carrara

Subject: The Real Reason Carrara users Have trouble with Daz

tsarist opened this issue on Jul 06, 2015 · 45 posts

tsarist posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 4:21 PM

No, not everyone was whining but some were. And on the subject of telling people to "F@ck off", this is a business, so keep your emotions in check. The fact that Poser users weren't spending money, resulted in ending support. No one is trying to be evil with you, so don't take it personal. 

It's kind of funny that people are saying Poser users aren't spending money when there were a number of posts asking for support in that thread and I got a few PMs from people who voiced their support (after the posts started coming down). I'm a Carrara user, but sometimes, DS files wouldn't show up in the Carrara Browser, so I started using Poser files and they show up, no problem. I know many other Carrara users who do the same.

I was grateful for the OBJs and bought Streets of London from Stonemason because they were offered. The problem is they load up in the middle of the screen untextured. There are a million props and textures that would all have to be added manually AND they would have to be manually organised and textured in the scene. So basically, it was worthless.

We need someone "derailing" threads (which really wasn't my intention) so Daz knows were alive and there are problems. Those users that wrote in DO spend money

PS There is no TOS service violation for asking someone for a product or modification to a product.